Thank you for your interest in writing for NetSideBar.com, the digital magazine all your friends would be reading if they knew it existed. We are always looking to help promote talented writers, thinkers, social activists, humorists and photographers, be they up-and-coming, or already established and looking to reach new audiences.
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for articles between 500-1500 words and are open a wide range of topics like travel articles, listicals (top ten, top five, top thirteen lists) about most anything, opinion pieces, Op-eds on current events, politics or social issues; dating and relationship advice, lifestyle pieces, movie, book and music reviews; profiles of exceptional people doing remarkable things and photo essays. In short, we are looking for topical articles that will appeal to our audience by stimulating thought and discussion, giving them new information and perspectives, challenging their thinking and views, or stoking their desire to travel. And if we can give them a few laughs in the process, all the better.
What We Are Not Looking For:
We are not interested in fiction, short stories, and poetry. Sorry.
Who Are You Writing For:
We have a readership that sometimes exceeds one million monthly visitors to the site. Our readers are spread across the English speaking world and we are regularly read in expat communities in places like Asia, Europe and South America. Our readership is nearly perfectly split between men and women (slight edge to women) and our main demographic is people between the ages of 24-34, who tend to be college-educated and well-traveled. In short, our readers are sophisticated, so please keep that in mind while selecting topics and while writing.
What We Need From You:
- We need articles written by you that are between 500-1500 words in length and that you have the legal right to share with us. (We accept files in the following formats: doc and docx,)
- We need a bio about you that’s between 50-100 words. Bios should be written in the third person and you are welcome to use your bio to link back to your own sites or anything you’re trying to promote. Look at the end of any article on our site for an example.
- We need a photo of you for your bio.
- We need your email address, which we will use to create an account for you that will make submitting again much easier.
- If you have any pictures you would like us to use with your article and that you are legally entitled to use, please submit those as well. (We accept pictures in the following formats: jpg, jpeg, bmp and gif)
Please send all this to us at Netsidebar@gmail.com. If we decide to run your article, we will notify you via email.
Our agreement is simple. In submitting an article or photos to us, you are expressly giving us your permission to share them with our readers on our website. Furthermore, by submitting written or photographic work to us, you are expressly stating that you have the legal right to share them with our website for the purpose of publication. We do not own your writing or photos, nor do we place any limits on how you can use them going forward. You are free to use and share your work with anyone else and however you see fit. In exchange for your submission, we are giving you access to our readership, which will hopefully benefit you as a writer or photographer by giving you greater exposure, though we make no guarantees. That is it. Simple English.