Tomorrow night America will watch one of the most important debates since Abraham Lincoln debated Sen. Stephen Douglas about slavery. Yes, it’s that big of a deal, but that doesn’t mean it can’t still be turned into a drinking game. Below is a list of things to look out for in the debate. Read through it with your friends or by yourself (who are we to judge) and pick one (and only one because things will get out of hand very quickly otherwise) to drink to.
Individual Drinks (Pick One): Drink every time…
- Trump says”Great” or “Greatest.”
- Someone says “email” or “Benghazi.”
- Hillary says “Bill and I” or “Barack and I.”
- Trump answers a question with a vague generality i.e.”I will make America great again.”
- Taxes are mentioned, be it not disclosing tax returns or actual tax policy.
- Someone says “Obamacare.”
- Hillary tries to tie herself to Obama or Bernie.
- Trump mentions his kids (the ones he likes, anyway).
- Trump talks about how rich he is.
- Someone says “wall.”
Social: Everyone must drink when…
- Someone is fact-checked and shown to be wrong. (It’s not clear this will be done, but it should be given the degree and frequency to which Trump lies.)
- Trump says “Make America great again.”
- Someone says “climate change” (it should be one of the most important issues but is likely to not get much time)
- Someone says “Black Lives Matter” (while they might talk about recent police shootings, it will be interesting to see if these words are actually said and in what context)
- Someone says “Trump University.”
Warning: Results may vary depending on which thing you choose to drink to. Some people might get way drunker than others.